Saturday, January 15, 2011

The motivation

It's 2011 and my body is shutting down on me.  It's my own fault.  I ignore all kinds of warning signs like I did in my 20's and you just can't do that in your late 30's.  I recently had a 2lb tumor (along with my uterus) removed and I am currently in bed with pneumonia. I am tired almost all the time and my waistline is expanding enough that I'm starting to look like Santa Claus. I'm lazy and when I eat, I eat mostly crap or horribly large portions. I have tried going pescetarian which is a diet that I love, but is a wee bit expensive after awhile.  I fully intend to go back to my pesce ways, but in the meantime, I'm on an omni diet. 

I am a working wife to a wonderful husband and our baby is our 9 year old kitty named Liberty (she was born on 9/11). I am completely sedentary during the day.  I work out of my home tethered to my desk with no real chance to break away.  I have 1/2 hour lunches which only leaves enough time to snarf down a sandwich or some soup. All the recipes I know and love are from my family...which  is fine but the portions are all wrong.  I hate trying to buy food for two since everything seems to be Sam's sized. This blog will be an attempt to experiment with new recipes, foods and better portions.  I'll try to share all the successes and failures and even some photos.  I know they won't all be winners, but I have to start somewhere.  I'm even going to try actually exercising when I get some strength. We live on the beach (quite literally) and I have a wii....I should be able to get some fitness in.

My aunt gave me this book and my Aunt Kat's estate sale.  The binding had not even been creased but I love the ideas and advice.  It's an oxmoor house book published in 1995. This is where I will start.



Needless to say, this is not where I saw myself when I was 21 years old looking toward my future. I can't change the past, but I can try to literally reshape my and my hubby's future.  Thanks for joining the journey :D

No comments:

Post a Comment