Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crabmeat-Stuffed Flounder

It was a little chilly this morning but with the windows all opened up to the ocean breeze, it felt so nice in the house.  I decided I wanted something fresh and light for lunch.  Tonight is movie night followed by sitting around the fire-pit and roasting s'mores so we're doing our main meal this afternoon. This recipe is also from Light Cooking for Two page 103:


Ingredients

  • Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
  • 1  teaspoon  reduced-calorie margarine
  • 2  tablespoons  chopped fresh mushrooms
  • 1  tablespoon  chopped green onions
  • 1  tablespoon  Neufchatel cheese
  • 1/2  teaspoon  minced fresh marjoram
  • 1/8  teaspoon  pepper
  • 2  ounces  fresh lump crabmeat, drained
  • 2  tablespoons  soft breadcrumbs
  • 1  teaspoon  lemon juice
  • 2  (3-ounce) flounder fillets (1/4 inch thick)
  • 2  tablespoons  (1/2 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
  • Lemon wedges (optional)
  • Fresh marjoram sprigs (optional)

Preparation

Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine. Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts. Add mushrooms and green onions; saute 2 minutes. Add cheese, minced marjoram, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Remove from heat; add crabmeat, breadcrumbs, and lemon juice, and stir well.
Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly onto fillets; roll up each fillet, jellyroll fashion, beginning at narrow end. Secure with wooden picks. Place rolls, seam side down, in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over rolls; bake an additional 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove wooden picks, and, if desired, garnish with lemon wedges and marjoram sprigs.


OK, here were the changes: I used Tilapia instead of Flounder, I didn't have marjoram so I used parsley. and I used fake crabmeat instead of lump crab. Also, I took one look at the fillets and figured there was no way I was going to be able to roll them, so I just placed the stuffing on top of the fillets. I really enjoyed this though it seriously needed some kind of seasoning on the fish...salt for one. It tasted like it was missing something...marjoram perhaps?  I will more than likely make this again though the hubby agreed it was missing something.  I imagine when I make it again, I will season the fish before adding the stuffing.  The portions were plenty large and at only 192 calories a serving (for original recipe) you can't go wrong.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment