Monday, May 20, 2019

Crockpot Pierogi and Kielbasa Casserole

This....is not diet at all .  While I am eager to have good, healthy recipes, I fall down every once in awhile for convenience sake.  I have taken a few years off because my grandmother's declining health and she is declining fairly rapidly, now.  It does mean that caring for her is a full time responsibility and even though hospice comes in 3 times a week, it is still a lot of work so quick recipes or slow cooker recipes will still be the order of the day.  Anyway, I found this one on pinterest and it looked comforting and easy.  I only had 2 boxes of pierogis (not sure how one would even fit 3 since this is a 6 quart slow cooker) so I went with 3 cups of brother instead of 4.



Ingredients:

3 16 oz.boxes Mrs. T’s  Frozen Cheddar Pierogies
4 cups chicken broth
1 8 oz. block cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound kielbasa – sliced (or other cooked meat mentioned above)
salt & pepper to taste

Directions: 

Combine all ingredients in your crockpot. Cook on high 2 – 3  hours, or on low for  4 – 6 hours.

Serve with a fresh green salad and parmesan garlic knots.

Serves 6 – 8








This was really good though I recommend the high setting for less time so the pierogis don't disintegrate.  I added some fresh parsley and onion tops from the garden for extra flavor.  I forgot to take a picture after it was done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment